Halifax Harbour Bridges (HHB) maintains and operates the Angus L. Macdonald and A. Murray MacKay Bridges that span Halifax harbour.
With annual traffic volume in excess of 32 million crossings million HHB’s mission is to provide safe, efficient and reliable cross-harbour transportation infrastructure in a cost effective manner. HHB employees take pride in the bridges, and are motivated, results-driven individuals who enjoy challenges and are committed to continuous learning.
HHB is looking for energetic students interested in being part of our 2018 gardening crew. Reporting to and with the support from the Landscape Supervisor, student gardeners are temporary positions (beginning in early July, 2018-early September, 2018). The job entails mowing and line trimming grass, general gardening, litter pick up, other related tasks and following all health and safety legislation, regulations and policies.
· Must be registered as a full time student and returning to school as a full time student in the following school year
· Must be physically able to kneel and perform garden maintenance for several hours at a time
· Experience in working in a team environment and also independently
· Experience in operation of small equipment, including push mowers, line trimmers, back pack blower, water pump
· Neat appearance and good communication skills
· Landscape experience would be considered an asset
· Knowledge in the care and maintenance of plants, tree, shrubs and lawns
· Knowledge of gardening methods and tools
· Basic mechanical abilities
· Able and willing to work in adverse weather conditions
· Safety training (i.e. WHIMIS, first aid)
The hours for this position are usually 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
The closing date is June 15, 2018.
Although we appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Start Your Application