Responsible for new product introduction and support of the maintenance function in the Production department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following but not limited to other duties that may be assigned.
· Manages the new product process design with focus on quality target achievement, schedule attainment, cost reduction and throughput improvement through interaction with manufacturing and design associates.
· Analyzes productivity while programming CNC machinery and making design changes of production line for more effective production.
· Develops and implements operational documentation and procedures.
· Facilitates and participates in ongoing quality and productivity Kaizen activities.
· Cooperates with the quality department to identify defects, troubleshooting and eliminate the causes of product error.
· Interfaces with Japan support departments for new product launch, quality activities and general process development and support.
· Keeps updated on necessary information of all the following but not limited to; product information, new technology and equipments, tools, etc. to determine implementation / applicability for the company
· Selects, maintains, and manages cutting tools
· Supervises and trains maintenance technicians
· Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization and maintenance cost.
· Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
· Establishes and maintains lists for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
· Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
· Negotiates price, due dates, specification on tools, and machines with vendors.
Employees are required to follow procedures, work instructions and operational processes. The potential consequences for non-compliance may result in an increased rejection rate at the Customer, increased internal scrap rate, delayed or late shipments, personal injury, and a negative impact on the environment, including but not limited to, bodily injury, ground water contamination and damage to the water supply.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The Engineering Manager has the right to stop production and shipping when a part or product has a quality defect.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
10+ years in automotive or mechanical related manufacturing
Hands-on experience in production line process support
5 Years experience in a supervisory / leadership role
Familiar with ISO 9001/TS 16949 based quality systems
Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires having the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Have the knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to analyze data and interpret information.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. To interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, PowerPoint and Windows OS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The must occasional lifting and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Start Your Application