Full Stack Developer
PRAXES Medical Group is in search of a Intermediate Software Developer to work from our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The ideal candidate has successfully completed a post-secondary program in Computer Science or similar, has a strong attention to detail, can work independently, is self-motivated to complete projects, and has an interest in healthcare applications. The successful applicant will be exposed to the complexity and opportunities of running a global 24/7 health services business in the rapidly expanding telemedicine industry.
Who Are We?
PRAXES Medical Group, headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is an innovative healthcare provider that believes everyone should have timely access to excellent medical advice and care, wherever they are, and whenever they need it. After 20 years of serving remote and industrial clients, PRAXES is expanding into new markets, both in Canada and with partners globally. PRAXES is a woman-led company that encourages diversity with a culture of collaboration and mentorship.
· Be Agile - creative, evolving, adapting, curious, flexible, innovative, challenging status quo
· Be Effective - accessible, patient-focused, value-driven where Value = outcome/cost
· Act with Integrity - Compassion, empathy, sensitivity, authenticity, trust
The Intermediate Software Developer will have the opportunity to support various teams within the organization and be included in areas such as technical needs analysis, roadmap planning, programming, testing, website design, and management.
· Mocking up new concepts and processes
· Writing code and tests for specific assigned tasks in a separate branch in repository (to be reviewed and merged into main branch before deployment)
· Performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for any new code development work completed that will affect clients or end users
· Participating in weekly development meetings.
· Updating internal documentation and help sections.
· Facilitating technical troubleshooting
· Computer Science Degree, IT programming or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
· Understanding of data design and formats (data definitions, object-oriented design, SQL, JSON)
· Understanding of Responsive Web Development
· Source Control Systems (git)
Reports to Director of Technology
Competitive salary in the range of $65,000 plus a benefits package including flexible work hours and locations, health and dental benefits, retirement savings plan, and generous vacation allowances.Start Your Application