We’re currently seeking an Accounting and Administrative Assistant focused on our Great Northern Timber Resources division with approximately 20 employees. This is a permanent position reporting to the Controller and located in our Halifax office. The successful candidate will join a small team focused on accounting and administrative support. Your primary responsibilities include the following:
· Accounts payable, receivable processing and bank reconciliation;
· Data entry and verification;
· Communication with various third-parties;
· Work in collaboration with others in the organization;
· Administration of the payroll system using an outside service provider;
· Processing journal entries;
· Provide assistance to management with other projects and administrative duties as required.
· 3 - 5 years’ experience in an accounting role;
· University degree or diploma in Accounting or related experience;
· General knowledge of basic accounting principles;
· Experience using Sage 50;
· Ability to work in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Excel and Word;
· Experience in the forestry or Pellet Mill industry would be considered an asset;
· Detail orientated with strong problem resolution skills;
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume as well as completing all pre-screening questions through our on-line postings at indeed.ca.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applications are appreciated; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Your Application