Welcome To Restaurants Canada - Applying For The Communications and Policy Specialist Position
The Communications and Policy Specialist develops, writes, edits and assists in overseeing the production of a variety of print and online publication content to enhance Restaurants Canada's brand image, member communications and supports Restaurants Canada's advocacy, membership and trade show objectives. The Communications and Policy Specialist will also undertake issue analysis by developing clear and concise briefs, reports and policy recommendations. Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as a positive team-player attitude will contribute to your ability to work both collaboratively and independently in the Toronto office, while reporting to National Vice President, Government Affairs. Bilingual English/French is a definite asset and experience in media relations will contribute to your success in this role.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Start Your Application
- Media Relations and Communications ·
- Act as Restaurants Canada's primary media contact; manage incoming/outgoing media calls; provide guidance to senior staff on messaging; screen and direct calls to appropriate source.
- Manage media outreach, registration and media office at the RC Show.
- Monitor media coverage of current and emerging foodservice industry issues through environmental scanning and ongoing media monitoring.
- Write and coordinate distribution of news releases, letters to the editor and op-eds.
- Act as point of contact for management of newswire contracts. Policy and Government Relations
- Prioritize and fulfill research and communications requests from the regional offices.
- Promptly respond to member inquiries with respect to policy issues, and act as facilitator and advocate, where appropriate.
- Communicate key government relations/industry issues to members in a timely and engaging fashion to keep them informed and reinforce the value of Restaurants Canada membership.
- Conducts research on key policies as requested by the NVP and prepares research reports on findings.
- Provides substantive logistical and administrative service on a wide array of federal and provincial files.