Have good ideas on how to improve your supply chain that goes unnoticed?
Bring those ideas overs to Ontic where we’re looking to build a lean mean supply chain machine.
We are currently seeking Buyers to join our team. In this role, you will get an opportunity to work with various commodities, and suppliers to build a world-class supply chain. We’re seeking individuals with a true desire to grow and advance their career with a growing organization. So if you’re a master negotiator and relationship builder that is focused on growth and opportunity, please apply today!
What you will be doing
- Supplier On Time Delivery
- Supplier Quality
- Supplier deliveries to meet MRP date
- On time quotes (Estimating activity)
- Value-added activities – converting ‘make parts’ to ‘purchased parts’
- Support Small Business Program
- Cost out / avoidance
- Lead-time reduction
- Supplier base reduction
- Driving for results (influencing and motivating people to perform activities)
- Applying vision and experience to determine the best plans and courses of action
- Problem-solving (analyzing, investigating and following up)
- Establishing effective relationships with the wide spectrum of internal and external customers.
What you should know:
Senior Buyer should have good proficiency in the following general areas.
- Basic understanding of various departments within the supply chain, in particular, Customer Service, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations/Planning/Logistics, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications
- Schedule and time management
- Communications management
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in business
- 3+ years experience in aerospace-related procurement and planning.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- C.P.M, C.P.S.M or C.P.I.M. is a plus.