Anchor HR’s mission is to make great people practices accessible to organizations of any size. Our growing team is driven by a genuine interest in developing the leadership skills and autonomy within businesses to provide a great employee experience and achieve their business goals. This entrepreneurial, professional, service-based organization is looking for human resources professionals to support growth of its offer and business.
We are searching for a Human Resources Advisor, which would be well-suited for someone at mid-level in their career, looking for more flexibility.
This is a part-time position with some flexibility in hours. The incumbent will work both remotely, from home, and attend meetings at customer locations. Anchor HR is growing rapidly, and this position has the potential to grow into a full-time and/or more senior role.
Accessibility in the GTA is required for meetings during business hours.
· Support the organization in the research and development of human resources policies, programs and communications to meet our customers’ varied needs
· Prepare professional and compelling correspondence and evidence-based training materials
· Ability to capture and consolidate employee data, such as focus group feedback or investigation interviews, and support analysis and recommendations
· Demonstrate genuine commitment to helping clients improve their business operations, in consideration of their unique challenges
· Ensure our offer is tailored to meet our customers’ precise needs
Skills and Mindset
· In-depth knowledge of Human Resources, employee relations, and Canadian employment legislation
· Analytical thinking with ability to identify issues and recommend alternative courses of action
· Excellent facility in written and oral expression to contribute to and/or lead projects, prepare reports and presentations, and consolidate diverse viewpoints
· Ability to work independently, knowing when to consult with colleagues and leader for input and direction
· Ability to work with others as part of a team as opposed to competitively and to actively seek and leverage teammates’ strengths
· Ability to identify and prioritize issues and developing alternative solutions
· Highly adaptable and flexible with proven agility and ability to manage ambiguity
· Strong initiative and work ethic to effectively support customers in a professional, timely, and courteous manner
· Ability to foster strong relationships, with all sizes of organizations, from start-up founders and small business owners to Chief HR Officers and CEOs of large corporations with long histories
· Ability to comfortably and professionally speak publicly to lead training sessions and participate in speaking engagements is an asset
Experience and Education
· The Human Resources Advisor role generally requires 7+ years of experience in professional roles
· Exposure to all phases of employee life cycle in a business setting, as well as program and strategy development
· Post-secondary education in Business or Human Resources
· Experience leading workplace investigations is an asset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Superior English communication and professional interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening) as well as editing skills (grammar and formatting)
· Ability to work independently with strong time management and attention to detail
· A certificate in Adult Education and/or experience in developing training programs is an asset
· Proficiency in French is an asset
Compensation offer will be dependent on experience and expertise of incumbent. It is expected the Human Advisor Role hourly rate will fall between $30 and $45 an hour.
We look forward to learning more about your career interests and background and how they align with Anchor HR’s mission!Start Your Application