Welcome To The Friends of Gilda's NS - Applying For The Development Coordinator - 12 Month Contract PT Position
The Friends of Gilda’s Nova Scotia is a dedicated group of people from all walks of life who have been touched by cancer. We are united by the drive to reduce the effects of cancer in our province, and to bring the highest quality of care to our community. We are committed to developing a place to provide free, professional programs, ensuring that all people affected by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. The Friends of Gilda’s Society Nova Scotia is in the early stages of development.
The Friends of Gilda Nova Scotia welcomes applications for the contracted position of Development Coordinator. This is a 12 month contract at 20 hours per week, with possibility of extension and growth.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work with Board to develop and manage new public relations opportunities and strategies to raise awareness and increase donations
- Managing social media accounts and website content to increase online visibility
- Maintain the quarterly online newsletter and work to increase subscriptionss
- Organizing and delegating tasks to Board Members and volunteers as it corresponds to promotional activities
- Research and organize suitable grant applications and deadlines
- Monthly updates to the Board at the Monthly Board Meeting (dates and times TBD)
- Maintain confidentiality of all persons associated with the Friends of Gilda’s Nova Scotia
For consideration, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A University/Post-Secondary education with focus in Marketing, Communications, Sales, Public Relations or related field. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Previous volunteer and/or board experience in a leadership role is considered an asset
- Ability to protect the privacy of the Friends of Gilda’s Nova Scotia, members and volunteers
- Highly efficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Competence in social media content development
- The ability to be respectful all persons, especially those with various cancer experiences
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be professional, personable and self-motivated
- High energy and creative with a sense of humour.
- A combination of investigative, creative skills and problem solving skills
- Must be organized and able to work independently and/or with a team
The Friends of Gilda's NS welcomes diversity in both its volunteers and employees, and we take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to Indigenous Persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities and women in non-traditional roles.
Start Your Application
Questions about this role? Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org