Welcome To The Friends of Gilda's NS - Applying For The Program Coordinator - 6 Month Contract Position
The Friends of Gilda’s Nova Scotia is a dedicated group of people from all walks of life who have been touched by cancer. We are united by the drive to reduce the effects of cancer in our province, and to bring the highest quality of care to our community. We are committed to developing a place to provide free, professional programs, ensuring that all people affected by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. The Friends of Gilda’s Society Nova Scotia is in the early stages of development.
The Friends of Gilda Nova Scotia welcomes applications for the contracted position of Program Coordinator. This is a 6 month contract at 10 hours per week with the possibility of an extension.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage and enhance our Bear Buddies program, including meeting monthly targets for registration
- Launch our Youth Ambassadors program
- Development of a Gilda’s scholarship program for youth affected by cancer
- Develop and facilitate community presentations for the Friends of Gilda’s Society and our programs, services and mission
- Work with Board to develop and manage new public relations opportunities and strategies to raise awareness and increase donations
- Management of our Bear Buddies Facebook Page
- Collaborate with part-time Development Coordinator to identify areas of need and content for the solicitation or donations and other funding opportunities
- Organizing and delegating tasks to Board Members and volunteers as it corresponds to promotional activities
- Monthly updates to the Board at the Monthly Board Meeting (dates and times TBD)
- Maintain confidentiality of all persons associated with the Friends of Gilda’s Nova Scotia
For consideration, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A University/Post-Secondary education with focus in Child Youth Work, Social Work, Human Services or related field. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Previous volunteer and/or board experience in a leadership role is considered an asset
- Experience in the development and facilitation of community based programming
- Ability to protect the privacy of the Friends of Gilda’s Nova Scotia, members and volunteers
- Highly efficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Competence in social media content development
- The ability to be respectful all persons, especially those with various cancer experiences
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be professional, personable and self-motivated
- High energy and creative with a sense of humour.
- A combination of investigative, creative skills and problem solving skills
- Must be organized and able to work independently and/or with a team
Start Your Application