Note - this is for a Financial Reporting Accountant position for a Gregory & Appel client, the Office of general Minister & President of the Disciples of Christ. Gregory & Appel is only assisting in the gathering and screening process.
Support OGMP in providing treasury & accounting services through budget management, cost controls, financial analysis, reporting to recipients & donors, and accounting procedures. Computerizes, classifies, records, verifies and maintains numerical data for use in maintaining financial records by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team, including.
2. Recommends, aligns and develops policies, procedures and systems to meet ministries’ objectives.
3. Serve as a back-up for processing payroll.
4. Communicate highlights of each accounting partner’s financials to VPF.
5. Prepare bank, AR and AP reconciliations.
6. Prepare property tax returns
7. Builds, develops efficiencies for treasury team that enhance productivity.
8. Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance functions through industry meetings & trainings.
9. Steward of fixed asset inventory.
10. Establishes financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with ministry expenditure requirements.
11. Participate in meetings with accounting partners’ finance committees
12. Prepare, input & adjust journal entries with proper documentation
13. Approve & post cash receipts
1. Financial Management.
2. Technical Capacity.
4. Business Acumen.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Ethical Conduct.
7. Problem Solving/Analysis.
8. Intermediate/Advanced Excel Experience.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require travel
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
2. Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a finance or accounting role.
Preferred Education and Certifications
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Prior payroll preparation experience a plus
3. Prior experience within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
OGMP provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Start Your Application