Note - this is for a Financial Reporting Accountant position for the Office of General Minister & President of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Gregory & Appel is only assisting in the gathering and screening process of applicants on behalf of their client, the Office of General Minister and President of the Christian Church.
Support OGMP in providing treasury & accounting services to various ministries through financial statement preparation, budget formulation and management, cost controls, financial analysis, reporting to recipients & donors, and ministry relationships. Computerizes, classifies, records, verifies and maintains numerical data for use in maintaining financial records by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ensures timely and accurate financial statement preparation, budget analysis and financial review for management team
2. Recommends, aligns and develops policies, procedures and systems to meet ministries’ objectives.
3.Oversee distribution of contributions to ministries.
4. Communicate highlights of each ministry’s financials to Controller and ministry staff.
5. Prepare property tax returns.
6. Builds, develops efficiencies for treasury team that enhance productivity.
7. Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance functions through industry meetings & trainings.
8. Steward of fixed asset inventory and depreciation schedules.
9. Reviews financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with ministry expenditure requirements.
10. Participate in meetings with ministrys’ finance committees.
11. Prepare & input journal entries with proper documentation.
12. Approve & post cash receipts.
1. Financial Management.
2. Technical Capacity.
4. Business Acumen.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Ethical Conduct.
7. Problem Solving/Analysis.
8. Intermediate/Advanced Excel Experience.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
2. Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a finance or accounting role.
OGMP provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Start Your Application