Welcome To Eden Valley Poultry - Applying For The Maintenance Technician Position
Eden Valley Poultry Incorporated is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join their team. We are a Canadian company - unique in the industry. We process and market chickens and turkeys for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island farmers. We strive to be an employer of choice by contributing to the well-being of the community, minimizing our impact on the environment and remaining focus on exceptional food safety and quality standards.
The ideal Maintenance Technician will:
- Perform certified trade skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment in accordance with safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Follow and complete a daily maintenance and repair schedule.
- Keep accurate records.
- Comply and enforce Occupational Health and Safety standards and practices.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment.
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Maintain fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Trade certified in one or more of following: Electrical, Millwright, Welder, or Machinist.
- Previous maintenance experience in the food processing industry.
- Attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Proven self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work well independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
Eden Valley Poultry Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Start Your Application