Our client located in the east end of Downtown Toronto is looking for an Operations and Business Affairs Manager to join their team.
The Operations and Business Affairs Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, supervision of the Receptionist/EA and task delegation.
This is a leadership position in the organization and as such, the Manager must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to develop, share and streamline work.
· Drafting and editing contracts and other legal documentation. Co-ordinate and provide contractual, legal and financial support as required by the CEO, Legal and Finance.
· Liaise with the independent legal team to handle contracts and government agencies.
· Overseeing deliverables on contracts.
· Preparing and managing funding applications with various government funding agencies (CAVO, OMDC, BELL and CFM fund).
· Manage insurance policies for productions.
· Manage banking relationships.
· Create and maintain physical and electronic files.
· Generate and update charts concerning television projects, deals and contracts.
· Assist with other paperwork as required.
· Partner with HR to negotiate staff contracts, track employee vacations, maintain office policies etc.
· Organize office operations, including company events and procedures.
· Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment.
· Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
· Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, etc.
· Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and employee movement.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
· Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in preferably a television production environment.
· 5-8 years of experience in an administrative professional environment with Business Affairs experience.
· Entertainment industry experience.
· Experience supporting senior executives.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet software.
· Strong oral and written communication skills; professional business demeanour.
· Strong organizational and project coordination skills.
· Self-motivated, self-starter attitude and ability to make independent decisions and offer creative solutions.
· Demonstrated good judgment and the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues.
· Ability to use resources and personality to develop strong client relationships.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines for complete tasks/assignments.
· Careful attention to detail and follow-through skills.
Our Client offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits, commensurate with experience.
Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
Start Your Application