We’re are currently seeking a Vice President Operations (VP Operations), working out of our Halifax office, to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our company by supporting the development and execution of the strategic plans, ensuring the efficiency of our growing manufacturing operations and operational process across multiple divisions. The newly created position of VP Operations reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and deals with the day-to-day details of all production areas of the company and operating activities. The company has a strong commitment to protecting our natural resources and we genuinely care about our employees and the communities in which they live and work. This is an integral part of the company culture and must be carried on by the new VP Operations. The successful candidate will join a dedicated entrepreneurial team, focused on the delivery of cost efficient, high-quality products. Your primary responsibilities include the following:
· Ensuring that our business achieves maximum operational effectiveness, efficiency and profitability;
· Working with the CEO to maintain a lean and cost effective operation;
· Utilizing key performance metrics and goals to measure progress of all divisions of the company and managing the business to meet and exceed them;
· Conducting regular meetings with all divisions to ensure up-to-date information on the day-to-day activities in support of the company strategy;
· Refining operational processes across multiple divisions and being accountable for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management;
· Focusing on the long-term and reading what is happening in the industry to quickly adapt to changes, while tactically overseeing the day-to-day operations..
· 6+ years’ of senior leadership in a manufacturing environment;
· University degree in business administration or engineering;
· Prior experience or certification in Lean/Six Sigma (or similar) disciplines;
· Experience in the forestry or Pellet Mill industry would be considered an asset;
· Solid business acumen and a common sense approach to doing business;
· Experience working in developing a lean, highly collaborative team environment;
· Detail orientated with strong problem resolution skills;
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation;
· A drive for bottom-line results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume and complete all pre-screening questions through our on-line postings at indeed.ca.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applications are appreciated; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Start Your Application