Assists in the administration of financial/ business functions of OGMP departments. Extends hospitality as receptionist. Performs tasks with work priorities and general instructions directed by the Chief of Staff.
1. Hospitality for visitors to all ministries (welcome, signing in as needed, notifying staff)
2. Hospitality via phone for all callers (transferring to appropriate department)
3. Processing mail and packages in/out; assisting various departments with stuffing envelopes, address labels, etc.
4. Initiating and monitoring requests to the building management on behalf of ministries via a web interface (temperature issues, housekeeping, visitor parking, etc.)
5. Recording access card and parking tag information
6. General administrative support for:
a. Communication Ministries
i) Processing orders for materials
ii) Updating portions of the website
iii) Proofreading various publications
iv) Project organization/tracking
v) Address corrections in databases used by Treasury Services and Communication Ministries (Raiser’s Edge)
b. Treasury Services
i) Processing financial information (tracking and inputting deposits, proofing giving batches)
c. Week of Compassion and Reconciliation
i) Answering general information calls
ii) Distributing materials
iii) Generating donor correspondence
iv) Distributing electronic newsletter
v) Participating in weekly staff call
d. Chief of Staff
i) Monitoring and ordering of supplies for Christian Church Services
ii) General assembly organizational tasks including but not limited to finding dates for meetings/conference calls, gathering materials, organizing files, tracking timelines
iii) Assisting Director of Meetings - General assembly registration system and Miscellaneous organizational tasks for other meetings
1. Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word.
3. Business acumen.
4. Communication proficiency.
5. Ethical conduct.
6. Problem solving/analysis.
7. Consistent follow-through.
8. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Certifications
Prior experience within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in a finance or accounting role.
OGMP provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Start Your Application