Welcome To Halifax Harbour Bridges - Applying For The Executive Assistant to the CEO Position
Halifax Harbour Bridges (HHB) maintains and operates the Angus L. Macdonald and A. Murray MacKay Bridges that span Halifax harbour.
With annual traffic volume in excess of 32 million crossings million HHB's mission is to provide safe, efficient and reliable cross-harbour transportation infrastructure in a cost effective manner. HHB employees take pride in the bridges, and are motivated, results-driven individuals who enjoy challenges and are committed to continuous learning. At HHB it's safety above all; safety of our employees, safety of our bridges and safety of the traveling public. That is why we believe this is a fundamental focus and a shared responsibility of everyone that works with us.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks while working independently with little supervision. In addition to these responsibilities, the Executive Assistant is the recording secretary to the Board of Commissioners (BOC) with accountability for minute taking, transcription and scheduling. The ideal candidate for this position prides themselves on hard work, dedication to the job, helping others stay organized and being an indispensable 'right-hand' support to the CEO and the Executive Office. They appreciate and understand protocols, discretion and professionalism and interpret and make decisions in accordance with the prescribed procedures and practices of HHB.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO is a permanent position with the following primary responsibilities:
- Supporting the CEO and BOC; reviews, actions and distributes all incoming correspondence, manages outgoing correspondence and prepares agenda packages and minutes distribution. Drafts, types, formats, copies, files and retrieves correspondence, reports and documents of a routine or confidential nature.
- Acts as the primary point of contact, providing advice on governance or other issues to the BOC, board committees, and committee chairs as required.
- Maintains filing system for the Executive Office in accordance with HHB's privacy policies and records management system.
- Proactively creates and maintains effective workflow and communications to accomplish the work of the Executive Office, juggling a variety of projects and tasks.
- Ensures priority issues are addressed in a timely manner, while maintaining focus on the day-to-day tasks and accountabilities.
- Organizes special events as required by the Board and CEO, including invitations, facilities, catering arrangements, and verifying facility contracts
- Provide general administrative support to the CEO which may include presentations, letters, calendar, travel/meeting arrangements etc. · Provide day-to-day office-wide administrative support as it relates to projects and activities of the Executive Office.
- Education in a related field and a minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience supporting senior executives and boards (or equivalent combination of training and experience),
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, building and maintaining network relationships both internally and externally,
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and highly confidential and sensitive matters with excellent judgement, discretion and tact,
- Highly organized multi-tasker, self-motivated, and able to work without direct supervision or extensive direction,
- Strong professional image, ethical standards, integrity, objectivity and confidence,
- Attention to accuracy and detail is essential while proactively managing priorities and meeting deadlines,
- Superior computer skills are required, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point,
The hours for this position are 8:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. (35 hours a week) Monday to Friday but may occasionally require extended hours (weekend and/or evening).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume as well as completing all pre-screening questions through our on-line posting at Indeed.ca by December 12, 2018. Although we appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Start Your Application