The Purchaser plays a critical role within Pepco's Team because he is the essential link between Pepco and its suppliers. The Purchaser is responsible for cultivating great relationships with Pepco's suppliers to ensure that we have the right inventory at our different warehouses at the right time and at the right price to ensure our customers are served according to our service level commitment.
The Purchaser attract new customers and retain existing customers by ensuring that we have the right inventory at the right time and at the right price.
1) Manage inventory levels: The Purchaser is responsible to manage the inventory levels according to set policies.
2) Shop suppliers: The Purchaser is responsible to find the products with the best quality/price ratio to ensure alignment with Pepco's sales strategy
3) Liquidate slow moving inventory and deadstock: The Purchaser is responsible to liquidate slow moving inventory and deadstock according to set policies.
1) Manage inventory levels: The inventory turns at a minimum rate of 10x per year in every warehouse.
2) Shop suppliers: A minimum of 20% of our product lines are shopped per year to ensure that we get the lowest cost for products of equal quality FOB our warehouses.
3) Liquidate slow moving inventory and deadstock: a. Slow moving inventory is liquidated every quarter to ensure that the inventory turns are at a minimum rate of 10x per year; and b. Deadstock items are liquidated every quarter.Start Your Application