Welcome To CKF Inc - Applying For The Mechanic 'A' Position
Hours: Continental Shift Rotation - 12hr shift (7 am/pm to 7 pm/am)
Date Required: As soon as possible
- Must hold an Interprovincial Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate or Mechanic with equivalent maintenance experience (minimum 8 years).
- Must be prepared to work shifts and varying amounts of overtime.
- Applicants must have very good attendance and safety record.
- Applicants must possess good leadership qualities and take initiative in their work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As defined below but not necessarily limited to:
- Maintenance, repair and/or modification of all plant production and/or plant services equipment.
- Project work (capital or expense) as assigned.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance work as required or assigned including tool set-ups.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
- Identify electrical or electronic problems.
- Perform minor or elementary electrical repairs on 110 volts or less circuit.
- Maintain stores organization and identify parts shortages to Maintenance Manager.
- Routine inspection, repair and lubrication of all extrusion and thermoforming equipment including ancillary support equipment.
- Perform daily equipment operating checks as directed and recording information as required.
- Communicate with production operators to identify problems and/or repairs required.
- Communication of when specific job is complete and equipment is safe to operate again.
- Complete job work orders with all pertinent repair information and store parts depletion data.
- Perform shop housekeeping duties in order to maintain a safe working environment therein.
- Cleaning of specific job work area after job completion.
- Fabricate parts as required utilizing shop equipment.
- All maintenance work to be completed by competent tradesmen in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario and the Regulations for Industrial Establishments.
TOOLS REQUIRED: A full complement of tools is expected of a tradesman in this position.
Start Your Application