Our office is looking for a Civil Engineering Technologist with the understanding of the various municipal engineering disciplines. As the successful candidate, you will work hours based on current workload and weather conditions.
We are a strong advocate of the team approach to undertaking projects and problem solving. The preferred candidate skills shall include the following:
· Process survey data to develop detailed site drawings which include, but are not limited to the following: existing site plans, land boundaries, topographic contour maps, utility plans, etc.
· Use the latest version of AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare design drawings with surfaces, alignments, plan and profile, and detail views as designated by the engineering team.
· MUST have attention to detail and precision
· Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices and construction specifications.
· Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks while maintaining efficiency and quality of work
· Knowledge of drafting standards with ability to produce clean, clear and concise design drawings to our office standards and in accordance with each client’s needs
· Must be able to work well in a team environment
· Problem solving and critical-thinking skills when designing/developing engineered drawings
· An understanding and commitment to CAD standards and procedures
· Takes pride in work and takes initiative to expand knowledge base
· Proficient use of MS Outlook, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MS Word, Excel
· Minimum 2 years’ experience with civil site drafting is preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills
Additional tasks for this position may include:
· Able to assist with Total Station and GPS Topographic Surveys in a fast paced and physically demanding environment, requiring candidate to traverse steep inclines and lift moderate loads (equipment) during the workday
· Preform inspection for small and medium sized construction projects
Candidate will require the following:
· Green patch safety boots are mandatory for all outdoor workdays, other safety equipment will be provided as needed
· A reliable vehicle is required for inspection duties
· Valid Ontario drivers licence
Position and salary will be based on education level and work experience. Please summarize why you would be interested in this position and what key experiences you would bring to N.J. Peralta Engineering in your covering letter.
Start Your Application